Collapse Menu

It’s been a year since the end of the war. It’s been a year, and negotiations for peace are still being handled. Fire Lord Zuko has a lot on his plate, and there is a whisper of discontent in the air.

Amid the peace that has been hard-won, a council has been created featuring members of each of the Nations, as well as the Avatar. The goal of this National Council is simple - to prevent an atrocity like Sozin’s War from ever happening again.

Resurgence is a sandbox Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Aang role-play set one year after the end of the Hundred Year War. We accept both canons and original characters, and take the story in any direction we'd like, exploring the semantics and problems of a war-torn world rebuilding. We are rated PG-13 with optional mature content.

Resurgence

Yo Ho and a Bottle of Rum!

Started by Yami at Nov 26, 2019 2:18 pm
2 Posts

Captain of the Cuttlefish Pirates
Fire Nation
Played By Alviss

"There is no point in riches if we can't share them with friends." "The greatest treasure for others should always be fairness."

It was a rather calm day over the seas near the fire nation as the boat swayed and rocked by the waves with each passing current. Yami was of course at the wheel making sure things were steady but as it rurned out his crew which were some of the finest men and women he could ever hope to have to sail with were restless and hungry.

His plans for today would have to be waylaid for now as he intructed his crew to turn to the nearby fire nation harbor located just beyond that seemingly inpenetrable sea wall. Of course Pirates were always viewed with scruntiny as they of course raided ships and merchant shops for their own greed. Yami's crew was different however as they always stole from the richer ships and never killed any of the passengers if they can help it. 

Turning towards the sea wall he would need to inform that his crew would need to lower their pirate flag in order to safely pass through as to not rouse suspicion but of course that also meant they would have to change their clothes as quickly as possible since most of them did dress like pirates. It should be fine as long as they did not harm anyone. Today was their day of rest and relaxation but this would not be easy as their ship was about to be inspected before they were able to cross. It was a good thing that all the treasure they took was not found but they still needed to be careful. 

As they were let through the sea wall the cuttlefish pirates would dock the ship next to the harbor letting them finally get off the boat and feel soft land beneath their feet once more. Yami was the last off the ship as he still wore his pirate garb with the skull and crossbones on it. Of course everyone at that point knew they were pirates but since no one was being harmed or stolen from they just let them go on their way. Staring toward the horizon Yami would take notice of the shops and such where they could pass themselves off as a merchant ship and sell their wares at them. Sure they had enough gold and jewels but what they really needed was provisions and new clothes. 

Yami looked to his crew and would inform them that they would find a good place to rest and relax then depart in a few days back to the seas once they were fully prepared to leave. For now they were to enjoy themselves as Yami took the liberty to look for a good place to get some food and a drink. He of course got strange looks from most of the people here but they quickly left as soon as they could when they saw the somber look on Yami's face.

"It is strange being back here after all these years. I wonder how my parents are doing? I suppose I owe them an apology if I do get to see them again." he would wonder to himself as he entered a local bar. As he sat down at the bar he would look over to the bartender with a smile. "One large glass of your finest whiskey sir." he would say leaning against the bar table in a tired manner.  

Windy

blazing jackal
Fire Nation
Played By Shemhazai

Thus I clothe my naked villainy with odd ends stolen forth from holy writ, and seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

And whyyyyy exactly had he stopped in Harbour City, anyway? Ohhhh yeahhh... someone had a business or two to be having over this'a way. He remembered now. But that business or two got him booze money, and Suyis was never upset about getting booze money, eheh, particular because he'd spent his last bit of coin... last week. He thought. On what? Well, quite frankly, he had no idea. Y'see, he'd slept since then, and his memory may or may not hold up past the time that he spent sleeping. Most often, it didn't.

So here he was, in a bar, getting smashed probably (of course, Suyis was always smashed), and likely making everyone really nervous. He was after all the infamous Fei Xing, and everyone knew what he was known for. Yeah yeah, see, Suyis didn't really make a secret of it. Actually, quite the opposite, he probably talked about it a little too openly, but you know what, when you had a reputation you may as well accept it, or at least that was what Suyis figured.

And, besides, he really sucked at lying.

What drink number was this? Five? Eight? Thirteen? Who knew? Not Suyis for sure. He'd gotten drunk since then. He was drunk. Quite drunk. You know he should probably check on the Kyrie Eleison and make sure the crew weren't burning the ship down, but that might be kind of funny. He'd fall into a pile of ashes in the water and probably flail miserably because he wouldn't be expecting to need to swim. And then maybe he'd drown and that'd be the end of that sad story, or not. Probably not, he always did somehow have Fortune's favour, and if someone asked him how he'd say, I have no idea. Because, he had no idea. Was he supposed to have an idea? That was a question.

Someone over there asked for whiskey. And Suyis being Suyis, well he got up, toddled over, and sat next to the guy. "Yeah yeah I could go for a whiskey," he said. "Maybe a fire whiskey. Fire whiskey perk ya right up eh?" Well, he thought so. Maybe someone else had other ways of perking oneself up, but Suyis was a get drunk to deal with a hangover type of a person, and he always had been. It made the voices shut up. You know, the ones in his head.

Well, it made most of them shut up, anyway.