Collapse Menu

It’s been a year since the end of the war. It’s been a year, and negotiations for peace are still being handled. Fire Lord Zuko has a lot on his plate, and there is a whisper of discontent in the air.

Amid the peace that has been hard-won, a council has been created featuring members of each of the Nations, as well as the Avatar. The goal of this National Council is simple - to prevent an atrocity like Sozin’s War from ever happening again.

Resurgence is a sandbox Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Aang role-play set one year after the end of the Hundred Year War. We accept both canons and original characters, and take the story in any direction we'd like, exploring the semantics and problems of a war-torn world rebuilding. We are rated PG-13 with optional mature content.

Resurgence

The Ways of the World

Started by Sekitan at Nov 09, 2019 6:28 am
4 Posts

Fire Nation
Played By Katie

Sekitan father had died in the water, suits him as he left him to be tortured and die himself. His mother he had learned she had moved to the earth kingdom after the war, his sisters too were all scattered around. He had lived alone from the age of 13 when he had gotten free from the earth kingdom and had survived on his own away from everything. He lived on the outskirts of the fire nation despising the lord now, Zuko wanted peace, Sekitan wanted to rule the world. The fire nation was the strongest of the nations but now they were still wrought with others fearing them and lived in shame.

He didn't know what his sisters or mothers wanted, if they were happy the war was over or if they were like him still wanting to see the rule. It did not matter as he has not seen them in a long time. He decided it was time to partially move back into the city and take over his father's old house. He walks down the streets that he very rarely visited, it was different to a degree. Happy people no sense of worry. He sneered as he walked down the road toward a house that stood silent on the streets. Standing at the gates he looked up at it. Flashbacks of growing up here flashed through his mind. He was his father's only son, yet his father didn't care if he died. Could his mother of been pregnant at the time perhaps with another son?

He stayed standing outside it not sure about whether or not he wanted to go in. He sighed and opened the gate to the place, he hoped there were no squatters. He'd send them flying out if so. Or maybe his sisters or their friends were here? He didn't know, everyone believed him dead as far as he knew.

bark at the moon
Fire Nation
Played By Shemhazai

I hate myself. Even as I bark at the moon, I don't have the courage to reach out and grab it.

Ahh, this was stupid. It was just one sword with apparently enough impurities to make reforging it difficult, just one. He should probably be glad that it was only one of them so far. Agni knew they'd reforged so many blades and armour pieces, shields... that it would've set them back quite a ways if they'd run into too many that couldn't easily be reforged.

Caldera City was fine. Mostly. Yeiju didn't ever know it during the time before the War's end, but things seemed relatively peaceful enough. Probably, the upset was where Yeiju couldn't see it, and that was just as well. The colonies had been bad enough, and Yeiju was happy to be away from all that. He'd come to the Earth Kingdom long before the war ended, though. Maybe things were worse there now than he remembered, even if only because the debate of what to do with the colonies was probably well underway.

Some part of him thought to go back. Probably, he wouldn't. Shin Yu wasn't getting younger, and Yeiju didn't want the old man to go and die when he wasn't around.

He'd just picked up lunch at a nice shop not far from where Shin Yu had set up shop temporarily. Yeiju couldn't wait to go back to the Earth Kingdom capital, but so far Caldera City had been relatively welcoming to them. As he meandered down the street on the way back to the makeshift smithy he and Shin Yu had cobbled together, he noticed someone staring at a house. Looked like he was glaring.

"You squint like that too long, you'll get stuck squinting," he said as he approached. If the kid quit frowning, he might be kind of cute.

Fire Nation
Played By Katie

It was hard just looking at the house that he hasn't been too in years. He didn't know how long it had been abandoned, but it didn't matter it still belonged to his family from what he had found out. The family he hasn't seen since he was ten. They could be in there for all he knew. He was so busy squinting at the old house that he had failed to notice the male coming up the street till he spoke and he turns his face toward him and eyes him. Perhaps it will perhaps it won't He responds back to him calmly. No need to start anything, the guy just seemed to want to communicate, maybe he was bored with how life was going to? Who knew. 

Sekitan had grown up with people in this neighborhood, however; that was six years ago that he had been here. So even if perhaps this guy had been one of those people he did not recall him. He glances back at the house before once again looking to the male that spoke to him. Names Sekitan, Do you know if anyone been seen living here this year? He asks him. Maybe this guy would know if his family was still here. He wasn't sure if he wanted to see any of his family. After all none of them came for him when the earth benders had kidnapped him and tortured him. His neck still showed scars from the earth kingdoms torture.

bark at the moon
Fire Nation
Played By Shemhazai

I hate myself. Even as I bark at the moon, I don't have the courage to reach out and grab it.

The red-head looked amused, but he didn't say anything to that. Probably, it wouldn't be an issue as long as the guy didn't make a consistent habit of it. But then, what the guy did in his free time was really his own business, not Yeiju's. Yeiju had plenty of other things to be concerned with, and some stranger on the streets in Caldera City was so far down the list it probably wasn't even on the same list.

"Wouldn't be able to say," Yeiju answered. "First time I've ever been here and I'm here temporarily." Eventually, of course, Shin Yu would go back to Ba Sing Se. Yeiju was from the colonies before then, so he really hadn't ever been here before. Yeiju had started learning not to say he was from the colonies, though. Some didn't have very favourable opinions of them, and maybe it didn't matter in the end, but it was grating.

Yeah yeah, he wasn't a real Fire National. You'd think they'd come up with something original and actually insulting, at least. No such luck.

"Guess you could ask the guard," he said. "But I don't know if they'd know any better either. Oh, and I'm Yeiju." Nobody important. ... not that Yeiju minded that. Sometimes it was easier to get shit done if you weren't anyone important.