Collapse Menu

It’s been a year since the end of the war. It’s been a year, and negotiations for peace are still being handled. Fire Lord Zuko has a lot on his plate, and there is a whisper of discontent in the air.

Amid the peace that has been hard-won, a council has been created featuring members of each of the Nations, as well as the Avatar. The goal of this National Council is simple - to prevent an atrocity like Sozin’s War from ever happening again.

Resurgence is a sandbox Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Aang role-play set one year after the end of the Hundred Year War. We accept both canons and original characters, and take the story in any direction we'd like, exploring the semantics and problems of a war-torn world rebuilding. We are rated PG-13 with optional mature content.

Resurgence

Powder Sky

Started by Qing at Oct 11, 2019 8:28 am
22 Posts

sunshine
Earth Kingdom
Played By Shemhazai

Life's too short to live in maybes and might haves.

She really couldn't help it; she snorted kind of loudly. "Yeah, I'll say it's cold." Yep, it was definitely cold. So cold it kind of felt like being hit with a board full of needles to hit the water. Of course, it all worked out. At least she wasn't completely stranded here, or freezing to death anymore. Not that freezing to death had seemed all that bad. It was probably one of the more peaceful ways of dying, if one had to die. The first time she'd died, she didn't remember much of that, but it seemed pretty non-traumatic, too.

"Yep!" Qing said, wiggling her fingers in Faolan's direction. "I can move my fingers!" That was a nice thing. Ooh, food might be a good idea. Qing squinted, trying to remember when the last time she ate was, because honestly, she had no idea. Of course, she also had no idea how long she'd been stuck at sea, either. Maybe a day or two, actually. Somehow she didn't imagine the storm managed to blow her quite so far south in a few hours.

She paused a moment, trying to wiggle her toes, and that worked, too. "And I can move my toes!" With that in mind, she got her feet her under, and tried to stand up again. Qing wobbled a little, but she managed to stay upright. That was a pleased grin that crossed her face. She took the warm clothing he'd brought her, and sort of toddled off to the tent he'd pointed out. And then it was a matter of figuring out how things went on, but fortunately it was mostly logical. These were sleeves, and this wrapped around this...

Ahhh, that was much better. Welp, the good news was, she could probably dry out her warrior uniform and eventually wear it again; maybe not right this second. Qing took a moment to snuggle into the warm, and then wandered back out. "I think I did this right, right?" she asked. Nothing felt off, but you know, double checking.

Hey, she'd probably just almost frozen to death and her head wasn't quite on right, making sure was never a bad idea.

Water Tribe
Played By Lenara

Faolan chuckled a little, sympathetically. Yes, he imagined she would agree with that fact. It was rather hard not to, especially when she was the one who'd been in the water for who-knew how long and frankly he was impressed she'd managed to do any real swimming to get herself up onto the ice. It said a lot about the kind of stubborn she was, probably. Or her training as a warrior. Perhaps both.

"That's good." It was! Finally being able to move everything properly was a good sign that maybe she hadn't been frostbitten too badly and that the warming had done its job without doing her any more damage - good things on all accounts.

He waited patiently while she went and changed. When she returned Faolan glanced over the outfit, making sure everything was secured the way it was meant to be. After a quick glance over he nodded. "You did, yes." Thankfully it wasn't extremely difficult to get most of the clothing right, but there were a few points that could be tricky for... some people. Especially those not used to dealing with the cold and just how carefully layered things needed to be at times.

Layers saved lives down here, and that was really all there was to it.

"Feel a little better?" It wouldn't be perfect of course, she'd still only just gotten out of the water a short while ago, and she was who knew how far from home. But he was curious what her next pressing need actually was - food was his best guess, and what he'd offered, but if that wasn't what she was ready for, he'd work on what it was instead.