Collapse Menu

It’s been a year since the end of the war. It’s been a year, and negotiations for peace are still being handled. Fire Lord Zuko has a lot on his plate, and there is a whisper of discontent in the air.

Amid the peace that has been hard-won, a council has been created featuring members of each of the Nations, as well as the Avatar. The goal of this National Council is simple - to prevent an atrocity like Sozin’s War from ever happening again.

Resurgence is a sandbox Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Aang role-play set one year after the end of the Hundred Year War. We accept both canons and original characters, and take the story in any direction we'd like, exploring the semantics and problems of a war-torn world rebuilding. We are rated PG-13 with optional mature content.

Resurgence

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Shemhazai at Sep 04, 2019 4:14 am
6 Posts

Literal Salt Mine
Admin

We were perfectly built for a downward spiral; we'll never be right, with or without each other.

Hello and welcome to Resurgence! You can introduce yourself to your fellow player here if you'd like. c:

I guess I'm first! My name's actually Kendra, better known as Arceus anymore. I'm nearing thirty, now, live in the mid-western USA, and I'm basically a complete romance trash-mammal. Lol I always said when I was younger that "Nah, romance isn't a big deal to me," but my characters often got attached to my significant-other-of-the-time's, and next thing I knew, I played a lot of romance-y ship stuff. I really love family dynamics, though, but it's rare I get a decent family unit going; not many people seem to want to play those dynamics out, but I feel like someone's family members are really important to them and their life, so it seems really weird to just ignore them.

I'm often a very shy bean. This is much less noticeable on a site I run, like Resurgence, because this is my territory, I guess, and if I'm not friendly, I won't really attract other people, right? I have more pets than I have friends, and I can be a bit socially awkward at times. I am, though, a very (sometimes painfully) honest person, so one usually knows where they stand with me, at least. I don't play games and I don't do subtlety, and when things aren't working out, I'm always willing to discuss and reach a median. I play a really wide range of quirky characters, and take great joy in finding a trope-y Sue-like template and shoving humanity and mistakes into it (so don't worry; as awesome and infallible as they like to believe they are, they're absolutely not). My brain-children rarely listen to me; I don't control them, really, or understand them half the time, I just translate their babbling into posts.

Mostly, as a writer, I'm usually not afraid of doing things. They, and sometimes I, will throw random curve-balls, and where a plot goes may be set up in advance, but how it gets there never really is, and boy do they take some liberties with that. Haha. I can be really fun to play against, but one has to remember I don't make linear sense and neither do my characters. Even playing the same thing multiple times tends to get different results, and I do have a few in my cast that are completely and utterly unpredictable.

I will say I have a mental quirk that makes words and communicating difficult sometimes, so if I stop making sense, or get really vague, I'm very sorry, my brain will remember what words are in a day or three. Um... I'm a very dominant personality, strangely, when I'm really into something and on a roll, and I guess it scares people into letting me have free reign - to the point I end up doing everything, plot-wise. Please don't do that. (Counter me, that's fine. Even be like Hey, Kendra, slow down. I'm not going to get mad. I know I hyperfocus and get too tunnel-vision-y sometimes. It's fine to be like Whoa pony.)

We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love.
That is our great glory. And our great tragedy.

Dreamweaver
Admin

You become what you believe.

My name is Skye! You can call me that or any variation of my screen name you can think of! There are a number of other names that I use running around so if you're not sure if someone is me, just, ask, it's probably easier than me listing out all the possible screen names I use all over the place. I grew up in the south-east of the United states and I'm currently living in the mid-west.

I'm in my mid twenties. I've been roleplaying in some sense since I was like 9. I've obviously grown and changed a lot since then but ATLA was one of my first fandoms and it will always be my home, I think. I spent a long time looking for an ATLA site after I closed my last one and well... here we are, opening my home again, in a sense.

Family plots are awesome! Relationships are cool too. I'm a multi-shipper in many fandoms. So. That's a thing. I'm not opposed to unconventional relationships (polys, odd canon pairs, etc) but things have to happen at least reasonably organically.

Ultimately I'm here to have a good time, and I hope we can all have fun together!

Standard

I suppose I'll jump on the bandwagon. 

I'm Jannah and I reside in Alberta, Canada. When I first stumbled upon this site(I think I found it through an ad on another) I assumed that I would be older than most, but it seems not! Others here, as I can see in the previous posts are also in their late 20's. 

My life is not particularly fascinating, but my interests outside writing include history, reading, playing video games, cats, Doctor Who, nuclear physics, singing(my voice sits in the Mezzo-Soprano range), theology/philosophy, Harry Potter, and probably countless other things I'm forgetting to list off. Of course I'm also a pretty big fan of both A:TLA and LoK, hence my presence here. In fact, I recently binge watched both series again as I own the DVD sets of both. 

As far as writing goes I've been engaged in it for a long ass time, for most of my life in fact. Roleplay specifically I first got into back in the golden age of Neopets(the early 2000's, what a time to be alive). Eventually from there I moved onto bigger and better sites, and sure enough now I'm here. I plan to stick around for a bit! 

tinPKTpW

Hi i'm debbie I live in Newcastle upon Tyne England in the north east of the country. 

I work two jobs one morning, one evening .  I highly creative so I write draw sew knit. I'm currently trying to learn Japanese but I'm a beginner.

I've been rping for over 10 years now. 

we must stop killing each other
Standard

That which does not kill me, had better run, because now I'm pissed.

i guess i never did this omg.

hello, im tianxi. u can call me tian. or dragon. or angel. my name (tianxi) is pronounced as tyen-shee and sounds like the chinese word for angel (tianshi) so angel happened at some point. i used to go by thomas but eh i guess i kinda grew out of that one. angel feels more like me somehow.

im half chinese, half japanese, and live in like 12 countries. ok jst two but. xD i also have narcolepsy so allat together means basically im never on at the same time twice, it seems like.

been rping for abt... idk like 6-8 yrs? sthn like. my first board was shem's bleach site and ive just kinda stalked shem and len since then. i run my own site now, an original fantasy site affiliated w this one, but its slowed down a lot. i dont mind it much. itll come back eventually when we're ready to go back to it.

ummm my chars tend to be p gay bc i am p gay. also p poly bc i am also p poly. im also decent at antagonists or i used to be, i might be too damn lazy now. i type super lazy ooc bc i have issues with letters. might be dyslexic idk, i think i jst type too fast for my fingers to keep up w so i'll shorten anything i can and skip caps, and believe it or not it does lower mistakes and typos. ic is another story, i wont do that to ppl, but yeah. this is kinda why i post before i talk ooc so ppl know i dont write that way ic.

repressed, angsty gay asian is my aesthetic. and i think thats all i got. rofl. nice to meet everyone!~

Standard

hi!

I'm Katie, I'm almost 31 and have been roleplaying for at least half that. Mostly did horses and supernatural. I am a more direct type posting person where I state what my character thinking to do and says rather than writing out a novel of everything. I love animals too. Avatar the last air bender I love as well. Of course, I loved Zuko he was my favorite character when he was the bad guy lol. Im also a Naruto fan the series not the character, didn't really like him :P .