Collapse Menu

It’s been a year since the end of the war. It’s been a year, and negotiations for peace are still being handled. Fire Lord Zuko has a lot on his plate, and there is a whisper of discontent in the air.

Amid the peace that has been hard-won, a council has been created featuring members of each of the Nations, as well as the Avatar. The goal of this National Council is simple - to prevent an atrocity like Sozin’s War from ever happening again.

Resurgence is a sandbox Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Aang role-play set one year after the end of the Hundred Year War. We accept both canons and original characters, and take the story in any direction we'd like, exploring the semantics and problems of a war-torn world rebuilding. We are rated PG-13 with optional mature content.

Resurgence

someday you will be loved

Started by Shemhazai at Aug 31, 2019 2:37 am
3 Posts

Literal Salt Mine
Admin

We were perfectly built for a downward spiral; we'll never be right, with or without each other.

I'm kind of a spontaneous player, and curve-balls are quite common when playing with me. If you don't like a plot or thread direction, just let me know so we can figure it out. I've never gotten mad about it before, and I'd prefer if we were both enjoying a plot, not just me. c:

Asante
31 ♦ Male ♦ Libra ♦ Earth-Water ♦ Earthbender ♦ Earth King ♦ Single ♦ Pansexual, probably polyamorous
Currently: Currently having a chat with the Avatar and Toph Beifong. He'll eventually head to the Fire Nation to have a chat with Fire Lord Zuko without third-party sweet-talk interference.

Plot Ideas:
♦ He has a wanted advertisement here for his court and his swordsmanship master.
♦ Theoretically he could have siblings and that'd be nice.
♦ Gon' need a girlfriend eventually.

Azula
15 ♦ Female ♦ Aries ♦ Fire ♦ Ostensibly a Firebender ♦ Fire Princess ♦ Single ♦ Probably hetero? Might be bicurious. Way too her to be poly.
Currently: Staying in the Fire Nation palace, keeping to odd habits and schedules, and sorting things out between herself and Zuko, and now herself and Ursa.

Plot Ideas:
♦ She has a wanted advertisement here, too, for friends and perhaps a Ty Lee. Li and Lo, maybe, as well but not my #1 choice because of the age gap.
♦ Theoretically she's very easy to manipulate right now, so someone still backing Phoenix King Ozai could manipulate her into telling them things she shouldn't be telling them. (Be careful because if Toph figures it out, she WILL earth spike you. She can fix stone, she ain't afraid to break the palace.)
♦ But mostly I, personally, would like to see her heal. I am ignoring the comics. I feel like the series pretty much really messed Azula up, she got the shortest end of the stick, and I'd kind of like to see her find a happy ending of some sort. Even if she's always a lil kooky.

Kailani
19 ♦ Female ♦ Aquarius ♦ Air-Water ♦ Waterbender ♦ Nobody special ♦ Single ♦ Hetero I believe ♦ Might be poly
Currently: Being the only healer to venture into Ba Sing Se's Lower Ring. She operates out of the Middle Ring though.

Plot Ideas:
♦ She has a wanted advertisement for her mother and grandmother.
♦ Kailani enjoys helping others, and would be happy to teach someone else, regardless of gender, how to heal with waterbending.
♦ It's hard not to like her, so I imagine she has friends, too. She's from the North.

Kasang
17 ♦ Nonbinary ♦ Libra ♦ Earth-Fire ♦ Firebender ♦ Spirit Seer ♦ Single ♦ Pansexual, Demisexual ♦ Poly with the right People
Currently: He is momentarily in the Fire Nation capital to "ruin the Fire Lord's life"

Plot Ideas:
♦ He runs an anti-slavery technically-criminal group called the Dragons of Yu Dao. They're based in the colonies, specifically Yu Dao, and... are rather vicious to those they consider to be breaking human rights laws. (On the bright side, they've never misjudged.)
♦ Currently he's protecting the colonies, and he has a territory range. In this range, neither soldier nor criminal will set foot. He may as well run Yu Dao, he has a lot of influence there.
♦ As such, he has a reputation, but at the moment it's very specific to the colonies. Most outside of the colonies may or may not have heard his name, but most likely not.
♦ His thing is saving people. He takes in orphans, saves involuntary brothel workers, people that just have no dang other place to go, and he gives them a home.
♦ Currently he's fighting an illegal underground fighting ring where the combatants fight to the death and don't always volunteer for it.

Qing
21 ♦ Female ♦ Libra ♦ Earth Kingdom ♦ Nonbender ♦ Kyoshi Warrior ♦ Single ♦ ...Faolan-sexual really. ♦ Not poly.
Currently: Trying not to freeze to death in the South. Whups.

Plot Ideas:
♦ She has a wanted advertisement for Warriors from her village and her parents.
♦ She is clairvoyant, sort of. She can't control it, so it's very sporadic and random, but she may occasionally recognise people she's never met before. Might be a fun.

Rys
20 ♦ Female ♦ Sagittarius ♦ Air-Fire-Water ♦ Airbender ♦ Nobody special ♦ Single ♦ Hetero ♦ Not poly
Currently: Following Shin Yu and Yeiju to the Fire Nation because melting weapons and armour down into more useful things.

Plot Ideas:
Wanted advertisement for a couple friends she formed a loose dance troupe with, and a dragonhawk trainer.
♦ I was sorta wanting her to be adopted by someone in the North, after her mother died, but if I can't no big deal.
♦ Friends outside Kina and Heixi are always welcome.

Seiko
41 ♦ Female ♦ Cancer ♦ Earth-Water ♦ Waterbender ♦ General of the Fire Nation ♦ Single ♦ Hetero, probably biromantic though ♦ Not poly I think
Currently: Returning to the Fire Nation and backing a Fire Lord she actually likes.

Plot Ideas:
♦ She has a wanted advertisement for martial students. She's very skilled with unarmed combat, swords, and the war fan. Nothing set in stone here, it's really just a "if you have a character that needs a martial sifu, here you go."
♦ I like to think there are probably a handful of soldiers still in the military that were at one time under her command, and liked her decently enough. Maybe were even friends with her. Fellow Generals and the like she got on with. Stuff like that.

Suyis
21 ♦ Lol what is gender ♦ Capricorn ♦ Air-Fire-Water ♦ Firebender ♦ The Infamous Fei Xing ♦ Single ♦ Lol what is sexuality ♦ Poly as fuuuuuuu-
Currently: Probably getting drunk somewhere. Stopping in Harbour City because he needed to take someone there and he could use to restock. Stuff like.

Plot Ideas:
♦ If you want a pirate, Suyis your man.
♦ He could use friends but I also realise he's a psychopath and it's hard to make friends with someone that has issue with reality.

Toph
15 ♦ Female ♦ Leo ♦ Earth ♦ Earthbender ♦ I mean she's Toph ♦ Single ♦ No idea, but Im imagining she's pan ♦ Prrrrobably not poly
Currently: Having a discussion with the Earth King. She's also just been disowned from the Beifong family, maybe her parents will change their minds later, who knows. In the meantime, apparently she's an orphan for most intents and purposes. It's fine. She was going to go back to the Fire Nation anyway.

Plot Ideas:
♦ She has taken over the Dai Li's leadership and will probably mould them into sorta the metalbender cops, but not really. So she could use more Dai Li as much as Asante can.
♦ She is taking on more or less any and all earthbending students she can.
♦ Also yoinking skilled benders of all kinds for the Dai Li, because she feels it'll operate a bit better if it wasn't only earthbender.

Yanxue
32 ♦ Female ♦ Pisces ♦ Earth-Fire ♦ Firebender ♦ Order of the White Lotus/Resurrected Rule ♦ Single ♦ Unknown Sexuality, likely bisexual ♦ Might be poly
Currently: Dropping by the Fire Nation to say hi to Zian and properly meet the new Fire Lord at some point. And maybe some catching up with Ursa.

Plot Ideas:
♦ She could use friends of course. It's not difficult to make friends with her, as she's pretty easy-going. Firebenders normally have a temper but Yan seems to have been born missing hers.
♦ She's a very weird firebender, as she uses the art in unique ways, so merely because of that some firebenders might want to train with her at least for a bit.
♦ Anyone in either the White Lotus or in Resurrected Rule could have some friendly plot-potential.
♦ Yan seems like the type that'd have this little cluster of orphans she looks after so if anyone's interested in an adoptive mom... I also now have Yan in addition to Seiko. Lol

Yeiju
24 ♦ Male ♦ Virgo ♦ Fire (Colonies) ♦ Firebender ♦ Blacksmithing Apprentice ♦ Single ♦ Pansexual ♦ Probably poly
Currently: Helping his blacksmith master with melting down weapons and armour into something more suited to peacetime.

Plot Ideas:
♦ Yes, he has a wanted advertisement for the blacksmith master, Shin Yu. You can change his name, I don't really care.
♦ He could use friends too. Maybe some fellow orphans in the colonies he ran with that helped each other survive or something.

We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love.
That is our great glory. And our great tragedy.

we must stop killing each other
Standard

That which does not kill me, had better run, because now I'm pissed.

hey did u see the jiva-toph thread? jw no rush or anything i owe ian a post lol i jst know u miss stuff sometimes

Literal Salt Mine
Admin

We were perfectly built for a downward spiral; we'll never be right, with or without each other.

I DIIIID I'm sorry I'm slow. Trying to get Salerno out sometime this decade lol ♥

We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love.
That is our great glory. And our great tragedy.