We were perfectly built for a downward spiral; we'll never be right, with or without each other.
Hello, name's Kendra, better known as Arceus. Shemhazai, originally Shemyaza(z), is a fallen angel of Abrahamic tradition, ranked one of the Watchers. Shemhazai is an Esper in Final Fantasy XII. I'm nearing thirty, live in the midwestern USA, and I'm basically romance trash. I also really love family dynamics, though, and love people that will play these dynamics out with me, because nobody really seems to want to take on other people's parents and siblings and whatnot, and this is sad. Right? Like, family is super important to someone's... everything, really, and it seems strange to ignore them so much.
I have a number of mental quirks, and one of them makes words and communication quite difficult at times, so if I stop making sense or get really vague, I'm so sorry, my brain will remember what words are in a day or three. I'm a dominant personality and tend to get swept up in excitement and inspiration, and I can and will commandeer in-character situations if you let me. My characters also don't always make linear sense and tend to love throwing curveballs (often they even surprise me, so don't feel bad). It's okay to be like, hey Kendra slow down, or hey I don't like how this is going can we change it, or something, it's fine. I know I hyperfocus and get too tunnel-vision-y sometimes.
Resurgence is a spiritual successor to an Avatar: The Last Airbender site that Lenara ran once upon a long time ago. I vaguely became staff on that site some time after I joined as Toph, but while I am still staff here, the final say is still Lenara's. I'm mostly just here to help make sure the site doesn't self-destruct and keep the software up to date (I coded it).
- No non-con. I can't handle that with strangers. You may catch me doing it with people I know very well. Not sorry.
- Fight threads stress me out. I can do them, sometimes, but they really freak me out and can cause panic attacks, it's basically a PTSD-like reaction to them, so I'd prefer not to have to work through it.
- I don't do love triangles, I'm way too poly for that.
- Speaking of, I and subsequently my characters don't really understand jealousy. Many of my characters also cannot experience it. (Not all of them, some do.)
- Familial relationships that are toxic will generally make me stop threading with you. Probably without warning because I hate confrontation.
We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love.
That is our great glory. And our great tragedy.